5 YEAR WARRANTY
The MXS 5.0 is a charger that offers state of the art technology that was previously only found in CTEK's professional product range. The charger can solve a broad range of battery-related problems and is the perfect charger for those with high demands. The MXS 5.0 offers features such as battery diagnosis that shows if a battery can receive and retain a charge, a special reconditioning function that restores stratified and deeply discharged batteries, unique maintenance charging, a mode for optimized charging during cold winter days and the charging of demanding AGM batteries (ie. Optima). The unique display allows the user to follow the entire charging process.
The MXS 5.0 is a fully automatic 8-step charger that delivers selectable 0.8A or 5A to 12V batteries from 1.2-110Ah. The charger is IP 65 rated (splash and dust proof), designed to protect vehicle electronics, non-sparking, reverse polarity protected and short-circuit proof. It also includes a 5 year manufacturer's warranty.
Comfort connector leads included, see image on the left (clamps and eyelets M6)
- 8 step charging
- Connect and forget
- Designed for safety
- Charging 1.2 - 110Ah
- Maintenance charging 1.2 - 160Ah
- Suitable for 12 volt lead acid batteries
- Will not damage sensitive electronics
- Reverse polarity protection
- Temperature compensation
- AGM Battery Mode
- Connect and Forget
CTEK UNIQUE 8 STEP CHARGING:
1. DESULPHATION - Detects sulphated batteries. Pulsing current and voltage removes sulphate from the lead plates of the battery, restoring the battery capacity.
2. SOFT START - Tests whether the battery can accept a charge. This step prevents charging with a defective battery.
3. BULK - Charging with maximum current until approximately 80% battery capacity.
4. ABSORPTION (battery ready to use) - Charging with declining current to maximize up to 100% battery capacity.
5. ANALYSE - Tests whether the battery can hold the charge. Batteries that cannot hold a charge may need to be replaced.
6. RECOND - Choose the RECOND programme to add this step to the charging process to create controlled gassing in the battery. Gassing mixes the battery acid and returns energy to the battery.
7. FLOAT (fully charged) - Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
8. PULSE, MAINTENANCE CHARGING - Maintaining the battery at 95-100% capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged.